Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekly NCLEX Q & A

Hello Everyone! First and foremost, I want to congratulate everyone for making it through the first rough 3 weeks of the program! We did it! The NSSP even spoiled us with a few gadgets including sticky pads & an awesome magnet with our picture on it (already have mine on my fridge haha).

I just wanted to let you guys know I will be doing a weekly NCLEX Question from the website learningext.com (NOTE: I heard from my friend who graduated spring 09' that they put a handful of these questions on the ACTUAL NCLEX exam).

I believe that this is an important tool & will help keep us on the right track to passing the NCLEX exam. It will only take at most 5 minutes of your time so it won't hurt to do it.

I have already been doing the NCLEX Q's since we first started the program so I will post the 3 questions I have from the past 3 weeks.


NCLEX Q&A's (answers will be at the bottom of this post):

1) A client with pneumococcal pnemonia was started on antibiotics 16 hours ago. During a nurse's initial evening rounds the nurse notices a foul smell in the room. The client makes all of these statements during their conversation. Which one would alert the nurse to a complication of the therapy?

A) "I have a sharp pain in my chest when I take a breath."
B) "I have been coughing up foul-tasting, brown, thick sputum."
C) "I have been sweating all day all over my body"
D) "I feel hot off and on especially when I lie in bed."

2) Delirium tremens could best be described as what types of observations?

A) "Disorganized thinking, feelings of terror & non-purposeful behavior.:"
B) "A generalized shaking of the body accompanied by repetitive thoughts expressed verbally."
C) "An excited state accompanied by disorientation, hallucinations and tachycardia."
D) "Single or multiple jerks caused by rapid contracting muscles with alternating relaxation."

3) What is the feeling called after a cocaine high where the user commonly experiences an extremely unpleasant feeling?

A) "Craving"
B) "Crashing"
C) "Outward bound"
D) "Nodding out"



:) Iris Dichupa (SJMC #1)



Answers: 1) B 2) C 3) B

No comments:

Post a Comment